Sunday, May 26, 2013

-- the beauty of prayer --

Have you ever prayed for a life moment...the type where you are spun around...and the prayers that you had prayed...are being answered. It's as if you were wathcing a miracle unfold...without even being the writer or the author of those moments. They are raw moments...the moments that you live for...the ones that you often hope don't have to end...but then reality happens...kicks in...and overtakes those moments. I can remember a few years ago being awoken from a deep sleep and God asking me to pray for someone...//...I hadn't met this person...but I knew that God had asked me to pray for them. I knew that it was not only a defining moment in my prayer walk with the Lord, but a moment that I knew I had to obey. I was frustrated and annoyed with being awoken at that 3am hour and out of obedience I prayed some simple prayer. I had no idea that this person would actually exist and actually become a friend. Years passed on...and faith grew...but I never forgot the moment where God woke me that night...from my deep sleep...and entrusted me with the simple prayer. He chose me in that moment for some reason...I will never understand...maybe it was because I would be obedient...and maybe it was because He had some grander plan. I don't often question why God asks me to pray for people...but I did that night...and I still do today. In recent months, I have prayed specific prayers for people...and have watched those moments happen...prayers answered...// It's the beauty of seeing those prayers answered...that the Lord spurs on my faith...to know what He can do for one...He can do for another. I myself this year...prayed specific prayers for specific things...and they happened...it's the beauty of faith...the beauty of His work...the beauty of His character...and the beauty of prayer...// When a prayer is prayed...we are sending messages to the Lord...for the desires of others...desires for ourselves...that hopes and dreams would come true...and that ultimately His destiny for our lives would be known. That clarity would be captured in times of despair, that His grace would be given, and His mercies made new. That hope wouldn't be shattered...but spring forth truth. That life would be well lived and health would be renewed. That strength would come from His love...and that we would soar like the eagles. That in this barren land He would teach us how to live and shine. That He would give us faith for what is unseen. That He would give us joy for better days. That He would allow His character and love to flow from our lives. It makes my heart happy to pray prayers...but it makes my heart smile and joyful when they are answered. What a moment of faith...even if it's as small as mustard seed...that one should pray...for even that prayer will be answered...// Never underestimate the power of prayer...//

No comments: